The first entity for payroll calculation you must create is company.
You must send a POST request to the Create Company endpoint to create a company. A few fields are required to create a company and must not be empty.
Create company endpoint
You can find more information about the endpoint in the API Reference
You must correctly input your company's detailed information, which includes:
- Company Name is the company's legal name, but if the company is doing business under a different name, you can use the tradeName property.
- Company Type is your company's legal form, usually a number between 1-10. You can learn more about the company type each digit represents here.
- FEIN which is the nine-digit number that the IRS assigns to your company to identify the tax accounts of employers and others with no employees. It is usually in the following format: XX-XXXXXXX.
- BankAccountNumber / RoutingNumber are numbers for bank identification and bank accounts in the US.
- Company Address, which is an object that contains the company's business address, is one of the sources for the tax parameters. The system processes the address and must find correct tax information about it.
Work location is essential to the payroll run, particularly in the company tax setup parameter. Should your company offer remote opportunities for your employees, the employee's submitted work location is also crucial in calculating payroll.
Your company's default work location is the address you set up initially. However, each work location is validated by tax engines to ensure that correct tax parameters are assigned for each location.
Please find a comprehensive guide on creating a company here. This section aims to give you a quick start to the whole process.
You can read more about the params and the API in the API Reference.
Updated 7 months ago